For over ten years FERBECK & FUMITHERM has continuously developed the training of its industrial heat containment specialists in order to work on sites installing refractories in radioprotection controlled areas:
- RP1 and RP2 training,
- Special radiation control medical checkups, pre and post installation,
- Comprehensive risk analysis with view to providing the minimum Previsional Dosimetry Evaluation.
The sectors concerned :
- Incineration of low level waste produced by COGEMA, EDF… and/or uranium waste, Marcoule, Romans
- Foundries for ferrous or non-ferrous metals (Marcoule…)
- Nuclear reactor fuel production (Romans…)
- Auxiliary boilers (Fessenheim…).
Installing refractories :
If the refractories are the same as those in uncontaminated sectors: reinforced installation security equipment including protective lead aprons, special working hours, continuous radiation control by dosimeter.
Our maintenance teams working on nuclear refractories have a highly developed security culture.