FERBECK & FUMITHERM analyses, designs and manufactures refractory brick linings for smelting and holding furnaces for aluminium and other non-ferrous metals (Zinc, Lead, Zamac).
The two principle activities concerning Aluminium:
Primary Aluminium :
Secondary Smelting :
The principle furnaces used
- Primary Aluminium :
- Electrolysis : Electrolysis tanks. - Foundry : Pot furnaces (smelting and holding)
15 to 60 MT capacity.
- Secondary smelting :
- Foundry : Crucible furnaces
Electric or gas holding furnaces
Smelting holding furnace
Low pressure furnace
- Refinery : Rotating furnace
Metal removal furnace
- Shaped materials : bricks and shaped pieces made from bauxite with a high alumina content.
- Non shaped materials : refractory concrete cast, vibrated or pumped depending on the zone.
Operation and production terms and conditions
- Maintenance services : Annual maintenance contracts, particularly for refineries.
- Post inspection services and price estimates for one off operations.
- Equipment modification and norm standardization :
- heating, - hydraulics, - electrics, - cabling, - adjustments, - automation - etc ...